Friday, May 13, 2005

Update on the Stroud Case

I'm glad to hear that we have minister's standing up for the teaching of the Bible. It makes me hopeful that our denomination will still be a voice for truth. I hope that the UM Judicial Council will rule under the influence of the Holy Spirit, the Word of God, and of many years of church teachings.

I was listening to one of my lectures in my Church History Class the other day, and it reminded me of today's church. The professor was talking about how the early church was adopting many of the government style of Rome into the church. Bishops being similar to the Emperors, the hierarchy system in the Roman government and in the church, and other examples.

We have had for the past 40 years in America, people who's ideas are not supported by the laws of our country use the courts to overule the law of the land (Roe vs. Wade, the greatest example to date). We have those same people in the UMC trying to use the judicial system within the church to change the law of God and our church. Please be in prayer for our leaders both in the United Methodist Church and the United States of America.

No comments: