Monday, May 16, 2005

Sports, Superstitions, and God

I know that I do take issue with some of his reasoning (Calvinism) and don't quite interpret the Bible the same way he does. He does forget that Pharoah hardened his own heart first (Ex. 8:15,32 Ex 9:34). I know that I don't want to get into the whole argument on Sovereignity vs Free Will, for it has been argued for centuries. I just found the article amusing and reminded me of some of my own "habits" before a game. I never liked to call them "superstitions", so it was just "habits"

I use to coach basketball for 6 years, and we develop certain things we did before games. We even had a special "Lego Bird" in our pregame ritual. There was something about our pregame routine that brought about a calmness in us before games.

I also disagree with his "feelings toward Duke basketball" since I'm a huge Duke fan here in Tar Heel country (or Tar Hole country as some of us call it).

No comments: