Thursday, June 23, 2005

Support for Israel

This article is about how the Virginia and New England Conferences are asking "their denomination to divest stock in firms whose products have been used to destroy Palestinian homes."

I know that I do not support the destruction of anyone's home, but I believe that Israel also has the right to defend itself. The homes mentioned in the article does not let us know whose "home" was destroyed or of the circumstances. Israel has a long history of fighting terrorism, that we are only beginning to understand in the last few years with our actions in Afghanistan and Iraq.

I guess that I still believe that the promise God made in the Old Testament about blessing those who bless Abraham, and cursing those who curse Abraham, is still something we should consider. I dont think that we should blindly support everything that the nation of Israel does, but we need to be careful of trying to put an "American" point of view on the Israeli-Palestinian problem.

News from Agape Press

No comments: